Tuesday, October 24, 2006

What seems important is beginning and continuing in manner keeping close to what is sought. I think that is what makes beginning so challenging.

The beginning already made, is the choice of "Broken Journey" as a blog title. So just what is involved in staying close to that sought through the title?

There's always something wider than and beyond what what we do to journey: be that what we do and say, or where we direct ourselves.
There is also something pretty enduring about living, about being human. There is a big and constant framework to the whole thing; some game parameters which are somewhat fixed.
It's that deep horizon that Journey refers to: whatever we do in detail, and personally; there is a trajectory that is us against that horizon.

Sometimes we are closer to awareness of, and connection with that trajectory: and sometimes we seem to forget it pretty much; and other times we seem cut off, perhaps from something essentially important.

Anyway, I would say that my whole life I've been concerned about this sense of journey, my whole life I've been taken up with staying close to what that journey involves and reveals.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Hi! This is probably very random but I see that you follow and comment on some blogs about Tourette's. I have Tourettes and just started a blog about my daily life with it. Trying to find readers who get TS :) Here's the link http://alittlebitdiffrent.blogspot.com/